A lot of PlayStation users don’t bother to create a profile for their gaming consoles, without realizing that there are a lot of benefits that come with creating a PSN account, they end up buying physical copies of games which can be costly.
With a PSN network account you’ll receive a lot of benefits such as accessing free games, signing up to the monthly membership that cost only a few dollars, and offers a lot of benefits also, you’ll be able to shop from the PSN store to buy your favorite accessories and many more things users aren’t aware of.
In this article we’ll share how to sign up for a new PSN using browser and or the directly from your PS4 console.
Creating PlayStation Network account with your computer
Signing up with a computer is faster and that’s why we’ll talk about it first. Here are the steps.
- You need to head over to the PlayStation official website and then go to the ‘create a new account page, Click Here To Access The Page.
- You’ll be asked to enter your personal details, these include email, date of birth, location and choose a password.
- Agree to their terms and rules by ticking the radio box and click create my account.
- You’ll receive an email that contain a link which you need to click on in order to verify the email address.
- Go back to Sony’s website and click continue. If you’re signed out you should be able to login to continue the set up process.
- Next you’ll be presented to upload an image you want to use for your profile.
- Create Online ID, this is the name other people will see when playing games online.
- Click continue, you’ll asked other information like setting up security questions, location, adding billing information and more. click continue until done.
- You now click on finish and you’ll see the message the reads ‘Your account is now ready to access PlayStation Network.’
- You have now created your PSN network account all features are available to you.
Creating PSN Account On Your PS4 Console
You should make sure you have a very strong internet connection if you want to use the console to create account, also ensure network settings are all set or things will take forever. You have to be connected to the internet before proceeding. With that said, here are the steps;
- Turn ON the console and ensure the controller is activated.
- Press the PS button and select “New User” that be seen on the screen.
- Under PlayStation Network area, you should choose Next.
- You’ll have the option to login, you should choose ‘New to PSN? Create an Account’
- You then select ‘Sign up now’.
- You’ll now be prompted to add your details just like you did when creating a new account with your computer. Add your email and create a password. You keep selecting the next button until you finish.
- You’ll be asked to select an Avatar; you should select one or you can leave so that you can upload your own later.
- Next you’ll be asked to create profile from the “create your PSN profile screen”, enter the ID you want to be displayed for your account, you can add your name or any id name that suit you, you should however know that your ID will be public.
- you’ll also be given the option to add your Facebook information, you can skip that if you want, if you also want to hide your full name you can see the option as well.
- On the next screen you set your privacy option, you should choose the type of activity that’s visible to other users, it can be friends, friends of friends or none at all to view your activities.
- Accept the user agreements to complete the setup process.
- That’s it, your account has been created and you can login anytime you want. Remember that whether you created your PSN account on the console, web browser or app, you can always login on any platform using the details you signed up.
Once your account is ready, you should now buy some PSN cards and redeem them into your PSN account. With the PSN cards you’re able to make purchase to your favorite games and accessories. They’re available in small units such as $10 PSN cards or $20 PSN cards, they come with 12 digit codes that can be redeemed in your account, you can also send these card to your loved ones as a gift. You can also use the PSN cards to pay for your subscriptions, there are just so many things you can do with the PSN cards, make sure to grab some for your account or loved ones.